This morning I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jazen, As Life Goes On ,one of my favorite bloggers and Sim Story writers ever. I really appreciate the nomination for my story, The Secret Life of Jewell. I was also nominated by TotalSimmer518, Big City, for my other story, Arrangement of Love. I honestly can’t believe I would be nominated for anything like this, I just enjoy playing and trying to tell a story. Thank you both soooo much!!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support.
Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Most of the stories I want to nominate have already been nominated! I’ll still list them because they really are awesome! Some haven’t been updated in a while, but are still good, nonetheless!
Questions from my nominees:
1. How long have you been writing?
I began my first Sim story in June 2011. This was my first attempt at writing anything. It started very simply and I hope I have improved a little since then.
2. What was your very first story?
3. What other hobbies do you have outside of sims?
Reading, spending time with my kids, and enjoying the outdoors.
4. Of your sim stories, which one is your favorite and why?
I would have to say The Hostage. I fell in love with my characters and it’s kind of an ongoing story. I haven’t updated it for awhile, but I’ve left it open so I can always continue whenever I feel like it.
5. Do you remember the very first sim story you ever read?
I don’t remember the first one I ever read, but the one I remember being completely hooked on is by Jazen. Kiss of a Vampire.
6. If you could make 1 sim character a real person who would it be and why?
I would choose Merrilee Land. She’s a super strong lady who has been through so much, yet she always comes out on top and puts her family first.
7. What’s your favorite song?
I love all types of music, but anything by Michael Buble is my favorite.
8. What’s your favorite blogging platform and why?
I use WordPress. It’s the only one that I’ve tried and it works pretty simply.
9. Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
My stories usually just come from me playing the game. An idea will just pop into my head about a certain sim and I’ll run with it and do all sorts of crazy things.
10. If you won the lotto, what would be your first purchase?
Not really a purchase, but I would travel!
11. What’s your favorite supernatural to play and why?
My favorite supernatural has to be Vampire. There’s something about them, that I’m drawn to. I’m a sucker for Twilight!
- What gave you the idea to write your story? It just came to me to start a story about an older man wanting to start a new life.
- Who is your favorite character? Who is your least favorite? Merrilee Land is my favorite. I’m not sure I have a least favorite, I truly like all my sims. Moe, from The Hostage, was a bad, bad man, but I still loved to hate him!
- What are some of your hobbies other than simming? Reading, spending time outdoors and with my kids.
- What is your favorite Sims game? The Sims 3 is my favorite, although TS4 is growing on me. TS2 will always be a classic.
- Do you pull from your personal life experiences when writing out your story? Not really, my stories are mostly fantasy.
- What is your favorite trait in the Sims 3? Charismatic
- Favorite Expansion pack? World Adventures or Seasons
- When you first started play the Sims, which game did you start with? 1, 2, 3, or 4? I started forever ago with The Sims 1
- Favorite aspect of the Sims (do you like building, interior decorating, Create-a-sim, or actual game-play)? I love to play. I build a little, but I’m not great.
- Best place you ever lived? I’ve only ever lived in Kentucky, but I do love it here!
- What snack food do you like to eat when you’re writing? Popcorn
- 1. How long have you been playing The Sims?
- 2.Which is your favorite The Sims Game?
- 3. Who is your favorite character that you’ve written about?
- 4. Which trait is your favorite for a sim?
- 5. When did you start writing stories for The Sims?
- 6. Are you the only “Simmer” in your household?
- 7.Do you play other games?
- 8. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?
- 9. Do you write first and then take photos’s or vise versa?
- 10. Have you ever killed a sim on purpose?
- 11. Do you “play” the game more, build, or write stories?